Prior to representing pharmacy clients as an attorney, I worked at a retail pharmacy. Presently, I represent independently owned pharmacies, including retail, compounding, wholesalers, and long term care pharmacies in business and regulatory matters relating to the California Board of Pharmacy, DEA and FDA.
I have experience advising my home health clients with formation, hiring, growth, surveys and mergers.
Our healthcare law services:
- Pharmacy and compounding compliance counseling
- HIPAA and state patient data privacy and security requirements
- Risk management & preparatory audits
- Regulatory compliance
- Defense against government, insurance and 3rd Party audits
- Obtain site permits & licensure from the CA Board of Pharmacy, DEA, and Medi-Cal.
- Negotiate provider contracts
- Business planning and strategic alliances
- Advise new/start-up business ventures & buy-sell agreements
- Stark & Anti-Kickback
- Board of Pharmacy investigations and enforcement proceedings
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) investigations, audits, and hearings
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) investigations and enforcement actions
- Reimbursement recovery audits by government payors, including Medicare and Medi-Cal
- Third party payor audits
- Entity formation
- Purchase and sale
- Employment Contracts
- Contractor Agreements
- Commercial Contracts